New House Plans
The appetite for smart, sustainable and small houses is growing, but not everyone wants to – or can afford to – build a customised architect-designed home.
We’ve created a series of New House Plans for people of all ages and stages of life – from young families to empty-nesters and downsizers – who value great design, and want to reduce their home’s impact on the planet.
Our New House Plans make it easier for people to enjoy the many benefits of a well-designed home because:
- They are specifically designed to make the most of infill and smaller sites, so you can take advantage of smaller land sizes and lower entry costs to the property market
- The homes use simple construction methods – familiar to Perth-based residential builders – so you can take control of the project without the need for an architect to oversee the build
- They are deliberately modest in size, resulting in lower construction costs, and lower mortgage costs over the life of your loan
- The homes have a high energy efficiency rating of approx. 8.5 stars (using NatHERS, and dependent on actual orientation and the unique characteristics of your site)
- The careful planning of interior spaces and generous gardens means these homes feel more spacious than their compact footprint suggests, thanks to great indoor-outdoor flow and connections to greenery and landscape.
If you have a vacant site or plan to knockdown and rebuild, and want a sustainable and affordable architect-designed home, our New House Plan packages provide a roadmap to help you assemble your documents for Development Application, and then engage a builder to commence construction of your new home.
They are designed to suit sites with a minimum size of 300sqm and construction budgets of $360k-$520k (depending on your preferred house size, your chosen materials and finishes).
MDC Architect’s New House Plans
• 3 bedroom + study designs, and a 4 bedroom version of Tall House ranging from 110-140sqm, providing flexibility to suit your changing needs in future;
• Single-storey and two-storey options to suit various block sizes and ideal orientations to north
• Small efficient footprints and carports to maximise gardens and liveable outdoor spaces
• Passive solar design principles, including thermal mass, cross ventilation and ample insulation, to maintain comfortable temperatures all year round while reducing your ongoing heating and cooling costs
• All-electric appliances to give you the option to achieve carbon neutral status in operational energy with the installation of photo-voltaic panels